Have you tried going without shampoo for a few days- be it due to weather, time constraints, or simply a matter of choice? The results are not too welcoming and they vary for different people. For example, you may experience an itchy scalp, oily hair, or flakes in your hair.
This hair care product is one of the most important products in your hair care routine. But equally important is choosing the right one. If suited to your hair and scalp type, it can give you healthier hair by taking care of its needs. It does speak volumes about how much you value a good hair care routine.
Why is shampooing important?
Before delving into the kind of shampoo conditioner suited for different hair types, it’s crucial to know how regular cleansing benefits your hair. Shampooing cleans your scalp and hair to remove oil, dirt, and styling products. So not only is it crucial to find the right product, but you should also know how often to wash your hair:
It keeps your scalp clean
Shampooing your hair helps remove extra sebum and any residual hair products that you may have used. Sebum, the oil naturally produced by your skin, keeps it moisturized. However, it can build up on the scalp and attract dandruff-causing bacteria that can cause hair loss.
Overdoing it may give you oily hair
If you are using harsh hair cleansing products or over-washing your hair with them, it will make your hair oilier. It happens because washing too often can strip the hair of its natural oils and the hair cells will produce more oil to maintain the same levels of oiliness.
Also, if you wash your hair before your scalp can produce enough sebum, it tries to fight the dryness by secreting more oil. So try to reduce your hair washes every month.
It may just as easily make your scalp drier
Washing the hair too frequently can also cause dryness of the scalp. When you use a harsh hair care product, it strips your scalp of sebum and leads to flaking. Also, hot water may lead to dry hair, split ends, and flaky skin.
Prevents hair loss
If you have dandruff, regular hair wash may help treat the condition. Shampoos with ingredients for hair growth and antifungal properties help you get rid of dandruff and hair fall. You can try one like Mamaearth’s Onion Shampoo, which provides nourishment and reduces hair fall.
Let your hair type decide your hair care products
Choosing a shampoo that suits your hair and scalp type is as important for your hair care plans as regularly washing your hair. Well-groomed, clean hair can be your best accessory. Keep the following pointers in mind while choosing the right product before you decide how frequently you should wash your hair.
Based on hair types
- Oily hair: Contrary to general perception, oily hair causes dandruff. An excessive sebum buildup is a happy place for yeast to thrive and produce flakes. Using an anti-dandruff shampoo can help.
- Dry hair: Pick a hair cleanser that contains essential oils. Argan oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil, and avocado oil are all ingredients that nourish dry, frizzy hair.
- Thin hair: You could pick a product that adds volume to fine hair. It will penetrate and expand hair fibers, giving them a fuller, thicker appearance.
- Thick hair: If you are blessed with thick hair, you must wash them frequently. Such hair gathers more dirt and requires a cleansing shampoo to remove dirt buildup.
- Colored hair: Pick a product that will make your hair color last longer. Since sulfates can strip color from hair, invest in a sulfate-free shampoo.
Based on your scalp
Pick your shampoo based on the type of your scalp. For example, if you have oily skin, your scalp will also be oily. Similarly, dry skin types will have a dry scalp too.
Acidity and pH balance
Look for a pH-balanced hair cleanser. Hair tends to become brittle if the pH balance of the hair and scalp don’t match. A hair cleanser with an incorrect pH level makes hair follicles weak.
Try this for stronger, cleaner hair
Irrespective of your hair type, go for a product that’s free of toxins and harmful chemicals. For example, harsh products can strip the scalp of oils, causing it to become drier or oilier, depending on your skin type.
We recommend using Mamaearth’s Onion Shampoo with Onion and Plant Keratin. It is designed for hair fall control and is suitable for all hair and scalp types. With a new formula, it gives you cleaner, smoother, and stronger hair with 22% more foam without any toxins.
It conditions four times better and detangles eight times more than regular shampoo! In addition, it helps combat hair fall with the goodness of natural ingredients. The wonder ingredients that help achieve this are:
- Onion: It increases blood flow to hair follicles and accelerates hair growth to prevent hair fall. It is rich in potassium, sulfur, and antioxidants.
- Plant Keratin: Plant keratin is a protective protein that helps maintain the hair’s moisture balance to give you smooth, shiny hair. It helps repair the hair’s natural structure.
- Wheat Amino Acids: Stronger hair is less prone to breakage. Wheat Amino Acids improve hair’s elasticity to reduce the chances of breakage. In addition, it improves the tensile strength of hair fibers and reduces their porosity.
- Soy Amino Acids: They strengthen hair fibers and help them retain more moisture to make hair manageable and reduce breakage.
Turn up the volume on the lashes too!
Healthy skin and hair make for the best looks, even with little or no makeup. So while you add volume to your hair, why not match it up with a nourishing Volumizing Mascara? And while we are on the subject, mascara price is not the only indicator of a good product. You should look for natural ingredients that care for your lashes while adding volume.
You may try Mamaearth’s Lash Care Volumizing Mascara. It contains Castor Oil and Almond Oil that nourish and condition to give you thicker, fuller lashes. The mascara separates your lashes without being clumpy and lasts for up to 12 hours. You can check for the mascara price here.
The mascara is created to add drama to your look. It is water-resistant, lightweight, and contains no toxins. The mascara price is also one of the best in this segment.
So, what are your hair care plans?
If you’re still confused about the right shampoo, pick a sulfate-free product that nourishes your hair from within. Mamaearth’s Onion Shampoo is dermatologically tested and suitable for all hair types. With Onion, Plant Keratin, and Amino Acids that strengthen hair fibers, it helps control hair fall to give you shiny, strong tresses.
The shampoo can be used on colored, damaged, dry, and chemically treated hair. It contains no dyes, mineral oils, parabens, or silicones.