The fitness industry is evolving by leaps and bounds, and modern technologies only contribute to its growth. It led to the developing of various mobile and web applications devoted to body and mind practices, well-being, and similar initiatives. Why is fitness app development so popular? The quick spread of digital fitness solutions can be explained by their undeniable advantages.
Fitness apps are more affordable than visiting a gym or a private fitness trainer;
- You can find fitness software for any activity – yoga, gymnastics, qigong, dancing and many others.
- Mobile apps allow you to practice almost anytime and anywhere – you can even create an individual schedule for your training.
- Fitness apps allow you to set goals and monitor your progress.
However, there are a lot of factors that determine the success of the application. First of all, there are must-have features for this type of software. Let’s review the most critical ones.
- The ability to create a personalized profile. Each user is keen on tracking his individual activity, and for this, it is necessary to create a personal log and add age, weight, daily routine and set goals.
- The possibility of integrating wearable devices. The application will be more informative if it can get access to users’ trackers and read the information from these devices. Synchronization with wearables will boost the efficiency of the product.
- Implementation of gamification elements. To make the workouts more enjoyable, you can add the atmosphere of competition – badges and bonuses for various achievements, dashboards for comparing your results with other users and the possibility for social sharing.
- Push notifications system. Once a user develops his individual workout schedule or a diet plan, it will be helpful to get timely reminders not to miss your session.
- Goal setting and progress tracking. These two metrics are vital when it comes to fitness mobile app development. Make sure your solution allows users to set goals and track their performance.
- Video streaming and live sessions. Distant training is more optimized if users interact with coaches in real time or follow video tutorials. It can be an on-demand service for an additional payment.
Fitness application development is a complicated process that needs special skills and expertise. If you have a project that needs to be digitally scaled, you need to cooperate with a reliable fitness app development company. Opt for teams with successful cases in their track record and can offer you full-cycle app development.