Transporting a vehicle from one state to another sounds simple enough – until you start getting into the logistics. This is especially true if the distance between states includes a significant amount of mileage. However, each case is unique, and depending on the specifics of the shipment – pulling off an interstate vehicle shipment might be more feasible for some – while others consider it an impossible task.
Luckily, for those tasked with pulling off the impossible, professional companies provide services that make the task look easy – and, most importantly, relieve a ton of stress. Autostar Transport is one of the most reliable carriers when you’re shipping a car state-to-state, bringing almost 20 years of experience to the table.
Common Reasons for Shipping Your Car State-to-State
The following situations could warrant the relocation of your vehicle from one state to another:
- Long Distance Move. Taking up residence in an area that’s several states away would generally require some additional hands for the job.
- Purchasing a New Car. Cars aren’t always purchased at the local dealership. Purchasing from any of the other 49 states requires a reliable form of transport, in addition to consideration regarding the weather and other factors.
- Selling a Car. If you live in Virginia and sell a car to someone in Wyoming – it has to get there somehow.
- Temporarily Traveling for Work. Certain jobs might arrange air travel if you’re working out of town. You’ll still require transportation while you’re gone – and shipping your car state to state might be more cost-effective than paying two months’ worth of rental bills.
- If you’re taking an extended vacation and flying by air, you’ll need to make arrangements if you want to be mobile and avoid an expensive rental.
Choosing the Most Efficient Method of Transportation
You need to consider several factors before you can pull the trigger on the mode of interstate transportation. Tons of options are at your disposal – including transport by train, driving the vehicle yourself, paying a professional driver, and using a carrier service. Weigh your options carefully and make sure you’ve got a good grasp on the following:
- Your budget. This is one of the most vital part of the equation. You can’t break the bank, but it’s also not a bad idea to spend a little more than you planned to ensure you receive high-quality service.
- Type of vehicle. Some cars require special accommodations if you transport them.
- The weather. Depending on your vehicle and the state you’re heading toward, you should account for the potential for severe weather.
- Time/schedule. Timing plays a vital role when you’re shipping cars between states. If you’re unable to drive yourself and you can’t be present during the shipping process, you’ll need to make more specific arrangements that accommodate these types of scenarios.
- Additional vehicles/cargo. If a moving truck is part of the caravan, you’ll need additional drivers to help facilitate transporting both vehicles.
State-to-State Car Shipment: A Solution for Any Scenario
You could spend a substantial amount of time weighing the pros and cons of potential transportation solutions. It’s possible to facilitate the move on your own and figure out the logistics – but wouldn’t you rather skip straight to the option that’s most efficient and produces the least amount of stress?
Using a professional carrier service for shipping a car from state to state is the answer to all of your problems and provides multiple transportation options to accommodate all potential scenarios – even if you can’t be on-site during the process. Using a vehicle transportation service for shipping a car from state to state is more than just hooking it to a flatbed and providing an address. Quality organizations like Autostar Transport has multiple options that help produce a stress-free move. One of the following services should offer the specifics you need.
Open Car Transport
Your vehicle is secured on a large car hauler with up to 10 other trucks, SUVs, sedans, and coupes. If you’re looking for something more budget-friendly that delivers your vehicle in the least amount of time – this is a service worth considering.
Closed Car Transport
This is a more exclusive method of shipping your vehicle – and provides safeguarding from the harsh weather elements and other potentially damaging debris and road hazards. A place is reserved for your car on the back of an enclosed trailer – generally with one other vehicle. This option requires a slightly higher investment and adds a day or two to the itinerary – but if your vehicle is an antique or requires any type of safe handling – this is the best way to ship.
Flatbed transport is essentially a large tow truck that wenches and secures your car on a long, flat platform and is carted individually for the duration of the trip. This is more suited for shorter distances and people who can be on-site according to driver delivery times.
If you’re a busy vehicle owner and being on hand for the loading and unloading of your car isn’t feasible – this is the perfect solution. You’ll need to deliver your car to a terminal in the departure city. The driver loads it and delivers it to a terminal in your destination city. You’re able to pick it up at your convenience, so there’s no need to feel rushed to meet the transport company at the point of arrival.
Ordering Car Transport Services
Setting up your vehicle shipment using a carrier service couldn’t be easier. A quick call provides you with a quote and gives them the details of your shipment. If everything sounds good, they’ll lock in your booking and provide a date and time. If you’re not using a terminal transport, the vehicle is picked up at your front door, and it arrives at your front door in the destination city.
Your job is to ensure your registration and insurance are up to par, along with removing any personal items from the vehicle. For additional information or to make a booking, click here for direct contact with Autostar Transport.