All Telegram account limits and subscriber restrictions
In Telegram, as in any other application, there are limits, probably many of these limits are unknown to most users possibly because you did not manage to reach them for the moment.
For a channel, you can recruit an almost unlimited number of Telegram subscribers. On the https://lowcostsmm.com/ page, you can also get views and likes. On Instagram, YouTube, and Tik Tok as well.
In this article we intend to talk about the limits that we as users have both from the chats, groups, supergroups, etc… If after reading the post you think that we are missing some limit, please leave it in the comments.
User account limits
- Usernames (aliases) have to have a minimum of 5 characters and a maximum of 32.
- The description of the users, also known as Bio has a limit of 70 characters.
- The name we can give to our account must have a minimum length of 1 to 64 characters and the last name/s from 0 to 64 characters.
- The self-destruction period of the account due to lack of activity is 6 months by default, but we can increase or reduce this limit. Telegram allows us to choose between 1, 3, 6 and 12 months.
- When we receive spam reports Telegram can limit the account from 3 days to months or permanent ban in the worst case.
- You can only join up to a maximum of 500 channels and supergroups, this limit takes into account the channels created by us and the supergroups.
- The first character of an alias cannot be a number and cannot start or end with an underscore “_”.
- The limit of pinned chats is 10 (5 private chats + 5 secret chats), while the number of archived chats is unlimited.
- You can only see the last million messages in supergroups and channels, in chats and bots you can see the full conversation history.
- You can only forward up to 100 messages at a time.
- In Telegram Classic you can have up to 3 accounts associated, while in Telegram X it is unlimited.
- 200 is the limit of Gifs that we can see in the GIF tab within the application where we save our Gifs, if we exceed 200 Gifs the oldest ones are archived.
- From the Android app you can only see the last 80 profile pictures of a user, while in Telegram X and Desktop it is unlimited.
- 500 is the maximum number of Channels and Supergroups you can be joined to and this number includes the channels/supergroups you own.
- The maximum length of video avatars (“Profile picture”) is 10s.
Limitations of our account for “Spam”.
When you write to unknown users privately or you are reported for spam in a group your sanction can surely become a “ban” by Telegram that for a certain time prevents you from opening private to users who are not our mutual contacts and not to talk in public chats (except if we are admins in such groups).
These limitations can have a duration of 3 days, a week, a month, … up to a permanent ban of our account or the deletion of the same in the case that we are violating the terms of service of Telegram – https://captainsmm.com/
To find out if our account is limited you can talk to @SpamBot and he will tell you if your account has any limitation, its duration in case you have it and the option to appeal that limitation by sending a message with your allegations.
Common limits (Groups, Supergroups and Chats)
- The length of each message is up to 4096 characters.
- The description (text that appears below the file as if it were a description) for multimedia files is up to 1024 characters.
- The limit of the size of files you can send is 1.5GB 2GB (as of 6/07/2020).
- The maximum length of a video message (rounded videos) is 1 minute.
- The maximum number of photos in a message (album) is 10 images.
- 255 is the maximum number of characters that the name and description of the group can have.
- You need to have a minimum of 100 members in a group to be able to add a sticker pack for the whole group.
- You can create up to 100 scheduled messages (per chat) and reminders.
- The maximum time for which you can schedule a message is 1 year.
- The maximum number of administrators is 50 users including the creator.
Limits for chats (Person to Person)
- There is no time limit for deleting messages.
- Messages can only be edited for 48h after sending them.
- Auto-delete of a photo or video after being viewed is 1 to 60 seconds, only in case we activate it on the timer icon just before sending it.
- You can delete the whole conversation for both parties and delete also the messages sent by the other person.
Limits for Groups (Basic Group)
- The maximum number of members of the group is 196 members (after this limit the group becomes a supergroup).
- The limit of users that a person can invite to the group is 200 people.
- A group once converted to a supergroup cannot be converted back to a basic group.
Limits for Supergroups
- The maximum number of participants in a Supergroup is 200,000 members (This limit may be increased in the future).
- The ability to edit posts for users is up to 48 hours after posting, while for group administrators there is no such limit.
- You can only view the last million posts.
- The chat “Slow mode” that restricts the time between sending a message and the next one for each user can be set to 10s, 30s, 1m, 5m, 15m or 1h.
- The “Custom Title” (custom name replacing the word Admin) for administrators and creator cannot be longer than 16 characters.
Limits for Geo-Chats
- You can only see nearby people who are in the “Nearby people” section of the application and who are within the maximum distance of 100m.
- If the group reaches 12 members you lose the possibility to change the location of the group.
- You can only create up to a maximum of 5 Geo-Chats, exceeding the limit you can delete a Geo-Chat to create a new one.
- The distance is up to 12 to 13KM to find nearby groups.
- The limit of people who can join Geo-Chats is unlimited.
Limits for channels
- The maximum number of aliases (between channels and public groups) that a single account can have is 10 aliases.
- The length of the user name (alias) for a channel is a minimum of 5 characters up to a maximum of 32 characters.
- The maximum number of channels per day you can create is 50 channels.
- Channel name and description is up to 255 characters.
- The number of channel members/followers is unlimited.
- The number of participants, who can see the channel creator and its administrators is 200 people in the channel members list.
- The possibility to edit posts in channels is unlimited up to 48 hours (22/04/2020) after publication, while if we publish via bot in the channel those messages sent via bot can be edited unlimitedly.
- The creator and admins can see all channel actions (new members, members who left the group, edited or deleted posts, …) during the last 2 days (48h).
- If you have more than 1000 subscribers in a public channel, it is only possible to delete that channel through Telegram support.
- You can only see the last million messages.
Limits for Folders / Filters / Tabs
- The number of characters for a folder name is a maximum of 12.
- You can only create up to 10 folders.
- You can only manually include/add up to 100 Chats per folder.
If you use the default filters all chats according to the selected filter(s) will be added to the folder. Likewise if you only select the filters and do not add any manual chats, but anchor any chats, those anchored chats are part of the count of the 100 manually added chats.
It is possible to anchor up to 100 Chats per Folder.
Pinned chats count as added chats only when they were not added manually (those that are added by some filter).
Survey / Quiz limits
- Each poll can have up to 10 possible options.
- Polls can be single or multi-answer (up to 10 options maximum).
- The explanation that can be added to a quiz has a limit of 200 characters.
- Each quiz can only have one correct answer.
Limits for Stickers
- 200 is the limit of the number of Sticker packs you can have added, when the limit is reached the oldest ones will be archived when you add another pack.
- 5 is the number of Stickers you can have marked as Favorites.
- 20 is the number of recent Stickers you can see in Telegram.
- The number of Stickers in a pack is from 1 to 120 Stickers.
- The size of both animated and non-animated Stickers has to be 512×512 px.
- The format of the Stickers must be PNG.
- The duration of animated Stickers must be less than 3s, they cannot exceed 64KB, the extension must be TGS and all Stickers in a pack must have the same number of FPS (either 30 or 60).
- The icon of the Animated Stickers must have a size of 100×100 px.
- The maximum number of accounts you can have in the @telegraph bot is 5.
- The maximum number of characters in the text in a post is 34,087.
- If we write a post from Telegra.ph without having used the bot to connect our account we will not be able to edit it in the future.
Bots and API limits
- 20 is the maximum number of bots you can have created from @BotFather.
- The length of the username for bots is from 5 to 32 characters.
- The maximum length of the bot profile description (/setabouttext) is 120 characters.
- The maximum length of the bot description (/setdescription) is 512 characters.
- 1 MB is the maximum size that a voice file can be to be sent as a voice memo. Voice files that are between 1 to 20 MB in size will be sent as files.
- If we pass to Telegram the url of the file we want to send via bot the limit is 5 MB for photos and 20 MB for other content.
- You can send a file, photo, song, … with an attached text (Caption) of up to 1024 characters.
- The maximum size of photos sent using the bot is 10 MB.
- The maximum size for sending files using the bot is 50 MB.
- The maximum size of a file that a bot can receive is 20 MB.