Massage chairs are popular health care products today thanks to their benefits in relaxation, relieving muscle and joint pain, and effectively reducing stress. However, there are many contrasting opinions about whether using massage chairs for pregnant women is truly effective and safe. The following article will help you understand the use of full-body massage chairs for pregnant mothers and important things to keep in mind.
1. Can pregnant women use massage chairs?
Pregnant women are sensitive individuals and need to be carefully cared for. Massage chairs are not only safe but also offer many benefits for pregnant women. Therefore, most pregnant women can use massage chairs, but they should reasonably use them.
During pregnancy, the mother’s body undergoes many changes both physically and hormonally, leading to conditions such as fatigue, back pain, cramps, and numbness in the hands and feet. These conditions can be improved by using massage chairs, helping pregnant women to relax and feel more comfortable.
Furthermore, massage chairs also help enhance blood circulation, promote digestion, nourish the fetus, and improve the mother’s health. Optimal relaxation from massage chairs also supports pregnant women in improving sleep, maintaining a healthy spirit, and reducing the risk of depression. Especially massage chairs are believed to assist the labor process, prevent miscarriages, and make the labor process smoother.
However, pregnant women are advised to avoid using massage chairs in the following cases:
- First trimester: During the first three months of pregnancy, the fetus is still developing and is very sensitive to external factors such as vibrations and pressure from massage chairs. This can lead to harm and miscarriage. Therefore, to ensure safety, pregnant women should not use massage chairs during this period.
- During pregnancy, it’s essential to find ways to relax and alleviate the physical discomfort that often accompanies this period. Full body massage chairs can be a great solution, offering soothing relief to pregnant mothers. However, there are certain precautions to keep in mind when using these chairs to ensure the safety of both mother and baby. You can find more hints on this topic on our website. And remember, no matter what your situation, it’s important to make informed decisions about your health and well-being.
- Third trimester: During this stage, the fetus is larger, putting pressure on the mother’s back and abdomen, and limiting space in the uterus. Using a massage chair at this time can increase pressure on the uterus and internal muscles, causing discomfort, and uterine contractions, and increasing the risk of premature labor, preterm birth, and other issues like placental abruption and bleeding.
- Pregnant women with health issues such as a history of high blood pressure, preterm birth, miscarriage, or preeclampsia: Massage chairs stimulate circulation and muscles, which can increase the risk of obstetric complications for pregnant women with a history of high blood pressure, preterm birth, miscarriage, or preeclampsia.
To ensure safety when using a massage chair, pregnant women should consult their doctor before use.
Pregnant women can use massage chairs for healthcare
2. Note when using massage chairs for pregnant mothers
Pregnant women using massage chairs should take note of the following:
- Timing: Pregnant women should avoid using massage chairs during the first three months and limit use during the last three months of pregnancy as recommended.
- Avoid prolonged use: Pregnant women should not use massage chairs too frequently or for an extended period. The frequency and duration of use should follow the manufacturer’s guidelines. Typically, pregnant women should use massage chairs 2-3 times per week, and each session should not exceed 15-20 minutes.
- Use only when the mother’s body is stable: Pregnant women experiencing health issues or symptoms such as abdominal pain, headaches, dizziness, or unexplained nausea should avoid using massage chairs for safety.
- Avoid sitting in the chair when the body is too large: This applies not only to the last three months of pregnancy but also to pregnant women carrying twins, triplets, etc. Avoid sitting in a massage chair to limit the risk of harming the fetus and premature birth.
- Consult a doctor immediately if the pregnant woman feels uncomfortable or experiences any unusual symptoms after using a massage chair for prompt treatment.
In addition to these usage notes, a quality and suitable massage chair also play an essential role in ensuring the effectiveness and safety of pregnant women. Pregnant women should:
- Choose chairs from reputable brands and distributors: Pregnant women should select massage chairs from reputable brands and distributors in the market. Additionally, they should seek opinions from those who have used the product or read online product reviews before purchasing for an objective view.
- Choose massage chairs with gentle massage force or adjustable modes: Pregnant women should opt for massage chairs with gentle massage force or adjustable modes to avoid applying excessive pressure to the body.
- Choose chairs with an SL rolling track: The SL rolling track on a massage chair allows the rollers to move smoothly following the shape of the spine and body. This will enhance the effectiveness of the massage and minimize the risk of injury to pregnant women.
Common massage chair models usually provide optimal results for relaxation and stress relief. Therefore, many pregnant women have opted to choose therapeutic massage chairs due to their notable pain relief, therapeutic support, disease prevention, and greater safety.
Currently, Maxcare Home is one of the leading distributors of authentic massage chairs in Vietnam that pregnant women can consider. The full-body massage chair products at Maxcare Home (refer to the product list at the link: Ghe massage toan than Nhat Ban) are all researched, exclusively designed, and meet technical standards and safety criteria from top Japanese brands. Hence, pregnant women can confidently select the most suitable chair model.
Pregnant women should choose massage chairs from reputable brands and distributors
Full-body massage chairs are a useful tool in physical and mental health care for pregnant women. However, pregnant women should consult their doctor and adhere to the above guidelines when using massage chairs during pregnancy.
When purchasing a massage chair for pregnant women, you can refer to Maxcare Home – the leading distributor of authentic massage chairs in Vietnam, offering numerous high-quality, highly effective therapeutic products from Japan. For more information, contact the hotline at (+84) 0989 053 888 or visit the website maxcare.com.vn!