Building your dream house is always an outstanding achievement. Moreover, everyone looks for the best roofing designs, materials, and finishing. The stone-coated tiles are manufactured from galvanized steel and strengthened by the aluminum-zinc alloy. The finishing is excellent. The stone chips mined naturally from rocks enhance its design.
While stone-coated roofing tiles offer a unique and durable solution for your roofing needs, it’s crucial to remember that a holistic approach to home maintenance and renovation will yield the most secure and aesthetically pleasing results. In tandem with a robust roof, having quality windows is paramount for safeguarding your home against external elements and ensuring energy efficiency. If you’re searching for top-tier Windows in Somerset County NJ, consider exploring our range of window solutions that promise to blend seamlessly with any roofing style, ensuring both functionality and visual harmony for your home. A coherent design and quality materials are the keystones of a sturdy and appealing home exterior.
As much as the stone-coated tiles combine all industrial strengths, considerations of many other factors like costs are likely to influence your choice of this roofing material.Do not be worried. Let’s get into details.
What Are The Stone Coated Roofing Tiles?
The tiles have multiple and distinctive layers. The steel panels have a coating of primers to ensure adherence to subsequent coatings, such as the acrylic paint.This paint is an adhesive that binds the granules onto the steel base coating. Further, a glaze finish (UV resistant) is applied to reinforce the durability of the tiles for almost 50 years.
The acrylic primers and stone granules that make the stone-coated tiles have no harm to the environment. Harvested water from UPVC – made gutters is suitable for domestic use, saving on water bill costs.
Besides, the stone-coated tiles have an aesthetic color appeal – they come in various colors. They have light weight with actual weights of up to 5.96kg for every square meter.
Are These Roofing Tiles Noisy?
We all know how noisy conventional roof tiles can be during hot climates or even rainy seasons.The several layers of the stone-coated tiles considerably reduced noise penetration into the house. Additional insulation of the attic is requiredto make it utterly soundproof. It also provides heat insulation.
The Pros of Stone Coated roofing tiles
Every good thing always comes with vital benefits. The stone coated roofing tiles have the following pros:
- They are versatile –whether you choose shingles, clay tile, or wood shake, the manufacturer offers a wide variety of designs and colors to meet every customer’s taste.
- Durability – if an expert installs the roof, it will last for over 40 years without major repairs. Besides, stone-coated tiles meet all required building codes. There are warranties in case of a disaster.
- Energy efficiency –the infrared blocking colors accompanied by vented installation reduce the heat transferred into a building by almost 70%.
- The light weight – the stone-coated tiles weigh as low as 2 pounds for every square foot to ensure installers can easily place the tiles on the existing roof at a drastic speed without tearing the current material. Furthermore, one doesn’t have to dispose of old material on the top, saving on the dumping fee.
Despite the positive side of things, stone-coated tiles have some negatives. They are:
- Noise – it is possible to have a lot of noise from rain and hail during lousy weather. However, attic installation could be of great help – in reducing the roof noise.
- It is expensive – the initial cost for stone-coated tiles is high and compounded by the installation fee, making it difficult for a tight budgeter. Probably one may consider the low maintenance cost of purchasing them.
Considering that the stone-coated roofing tiles have more pros than cons, purchasing them for the long-run result is advisable, implying you will only endure the initial installation cost but significantly cut maintenance costs. There you go!