1.What is the wireless rate?
- Maximum wireless rate of router: When purchasing a router, there are generally parameters such as 500M and 700M. This parameter refers to the theoretical maximum wireless transmission rate of the router, commonly used in Mbps.
- Bandwidth provided by operators: operators will provide different bandwidth services according to different packages, generally 200M, 300M, 500M, etc., and the common unit is Mbps.
- Network speed: The uplink speed/downlink speed is often referred to as the network speed, that is, the download speed/upload speed of online file upload/download, game loading, and web browsing. The common unit is MB/s.
The bandwidth provided by the operator and the maximum wireless rate of the router are in Mbps, while the transmission speed is in MB/s. The conversion relationship between the two is: 8Mbps=1 MB/s. If the bandwidth provided by the operator is 500M, the theoretical maximum transmission speed is 62.5MB/s. 500Mbps routers can not reach 62.5MB/s due to environmental interference.
2 Common causes of Japanese low Wi-Fi rate
2.1 The router has not been shut down for a long time, and the problem of broadband line
Many home routers are generally turned on 24 hours a day and have not been turned off for a long time. The router will also generate some caches during its operation. If it does not shut down for a long time, it will reduce the running speed of the router and affect the network speed. Over time, it will accelerate the aging of the router and shorten the normal service life of the router. Secondly, poor network interface contact may also lead to network instability and slow network speed.
2.2 Impact of router placement and surrounding environment
In order to keep the room beautiful and tidy, many families will choose to put the router in inconspicuous places, such as behind the door, in the cabinet, under the computer desk and other hidden corners. Although this has a beautiful effect, the network signal will be attenuated due to obstructions, thus affecting the network speed.
In addition, things with high density such as glass products and metal products will also affect the transmission of router signals. This is because the metal’s own performance will interfere with the signal, and may also shield the signal, resulting in slower network speed.
Higher ambient temperature or more heat sources will also lead to poor heat dissipation and low operation speed of router equipment, thus affecting the network speed.
2.3 Too many access devices
Wi-Fi is a shared connection. If multiple wireless devices are connected under the same router due to other devices’ imperceptible interference with the network, then the bandwidth that each device can share will be less, and the network speed will be slower. In addition, if a device is performing file downloads, games, high-definition video and other operations that take up a lot of bandwidth, other devices can share less bandwidth.
2.4 Router performance and frequency band selection
With the continuous upgrading of home broadband, the specification requirements for routers have also been correspondingly improved. If the selected router specification does not match the broadband, the network speed will also be directly affected. Many former routers can only support 100 megabytes of broadband, and the default is only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi frequency. Many new routers on the market now support dual-band and can transmit two Wi-Fi signals, one is 5GHz and the other is 2.4GHz. However, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi are not optional.
The 2.4GHz band has a wide coverage and is better at penetrating solid objects. The disadvantage is that it is vulnerable to interference and the data transmission rate is relatively low. Devices such as microwave ovens, refrigerators, Bluetooth headsets and wireless mice also work in the 2.4 GHz band. Electromagnetic interference in the same frequency band will affect the wireless network signal. The closer the distance is, the greater the impact is.
- If it is a mobile phone or tablet that needs to be moved frequently, it is recommended to connect 2.4G Wi-Fi.
- It is recommended to connect 2.4GHz Wi-Fi if it is used in a remote place, especially if it is separated by a wall.
The 5GHz band has a higher data transmission rate and is not easy to be disturbed. The disadvantage is that the coverage area is small and it is not good at penetrating solids.
- If the device is close to the router and supports 5GHz Wi-Fi, such as smart TV, 5GHz Wi-Fi is preferred.
- If devices such as mobile phones and tablets need a lot of high-bandwidth operations, such as games, watching high-definition video, and the place of use is close to the router, it is recommended to switch to 5GHz Wi-Fi.
- If there are many 2.4GHz band devices around, it is recommended to connect 5GHz Wi-Fi to avoid interference.
If the Wi-Fi rate is slow, follow the steps below to increase the Wi-Fi rate.
3.1 Unplug the network cable and restart the wireless router
Plug and unplug the network cable and restart the wireless router
Unplug the router’s network cable and reconnect it to ensure that the network cable is in good contact. When the network cable is in good contact, wait for 5-10 minutes and restart the router. You can also press the “reset” button of the router to restore the router to its factory settings.
The “reset” button of the router button may delete all configurations, resulting in network disconnection. All terminal devices connected to the network need to be reconnected. Please be careful.
Start timing restart
Turn off the router regularly or set the timer to restart the router can clear the cache on the router, let the router rest and extend the service life of the router. It is recommended to shut down the router for about one hour when manually and regularly.
3.2 Adjust the rou ter position
The Wi-Fi signal is centered around the router, so the router should be placed in the following conditions:
- Don’t put it in the cabinet or behind the shelter. The Wi-Fi signal is easy to be interfered by the shelter;
- Don’t put it near electric appliances such as TV, refrigerator, induction cooker, etc. Wi-Fi signal is easy to be interfered by electric appliances of the same frequency band;
- Do not put it near high density glass products such as vases and aquariums. Glass products have high density and poor penetration, and Wi-Fi signals will be weakened by glass products.
- Don’t put it in a place with many heat sources, and keep the router equipment in a good heat dissipation environment.
3.3 Anti-rubbing net
Reduce the number of other devices connecting to the router. With fewer devices, the bandwidth that can be allocated to each device will be higher, and the network speed will be relatively improved. The anti-chafing network can be used in the following four ways:
- At present, Wi-Fi keys and other apps are popular in major app stores, and your Wi-Fi password is likely to be cracked without your knowledge. Try not to install Wi-Fi password cracking software on your mobile phone or your family’s mobile phone, because your Wi-Fi password may also be leaked through these cracking software.
- Set complex Wi-Fi passwords and change Wi-Fi passwords regularly.
- You can view the devices connected to the router in the router management center. If there is an unknown device that is rubbing against the network, you can set the device as a blacklist.
- Wi-Fi can be hidden. After hiding, the device will not be able to search the Wi-Fi. After hiding Wi-Fi, if you want to connect the Wi-Fi on mobile tablet and other devices, you need to manually add the hidden Wi-Fi.
3.5 Add amplifiers or adopt wireless networking
If the use environment is a duplex, villa and other large family environment, it may be the weakening of Wi-Fi caused by multiple walls. The Wi-Fi signal can be strengthened by adding an amplifier.
The Ruijie Xingyao E12 Pro signal amplifier is dual-band concurrent, and the maximum wireless rate of the whole machine is up to 1200Mbps, and 10 devices can watch 4K video at the same time. Plug and play, one key networking for the same brand, Wi-Fi name and password for different brands, which can be compatible with mainstream brands in the market.
Multi-router networking can also solve the problem of Wi-Fi signal attenuation caused by large area and many walls. Xingyao Wi-Fi6 router supports cloud scanning pre-configuration, device plug-and-play, and configuration automatic synchronization. One key is easy to connect, and the whole family can form a network instantly. The mobile phone does not drop, and the whole house has a good experience. The dominant signal indicates that the equipment can be rotated to achieve the best placement without worrying about the installation position.
The main reasons for the low Wi-Fi rate may be that the router has not been turned off for a long time and the line is unstable; The location of the router and the impact of the surrounding environment; Too many access devices lead to low bandwidth allocated to a single device after being scraped; The router frequency band is not selected correctly.
The main ways to improve the Wi-Fi rate are as follows: plug in the network cable and restart the router; Adjust the router position; Set the way to be responsible for password and add blacklist to prevent the network from being scratched. If the Wi-Fi rate is still very low after these three methods, it is recommended to upgrade the Wi-Fi rate by replacing a new generation of high-performance wireless router, or adding an amplifier and adopting wireless networking.