In the depth of Grand Canyon is a place with extraordinary beauty. In this place, blue-green water pours over fern-clad cliffs into travertine pools, where graceful willows and big cottonwoods thrive in the shadow of magnificent sandstone cliffs and great blue heron skims canyon streams. Havasupai is a paradise wrapped in one of the earth’s most barren and rugged landscapes.
The fall was named after the Havasupai Indian tribe that stay on the reservation where the waterfalls are found. A little group of indigenous people arrived there over a hundred years ago and paved out an easy lifestyle that proceeds to this day. Five major waterfalls are famous among Havasu, Beaver, Fifty Foot, Navajo, and Mooney Falls. All of which make up Havasupai Falls.
New travellers to the USA
Among the most frequent doubts that future travellers may have, the one about the need for a passport is one of the most important. Do I need a passport to travel to the United States?
The answer to this question is obviously yes. The simple identity card indeed allows you to travel to many countries, but this is only valid for destinations located within the European Union. Beyond the European borders, it is compulsory to apply for US esta and have a passport present at the time of boarding and when crossing borders.
Moreover, the United States, in addition to being a highly sought-after destination, is very vigilant and drastic as regards the conditions of access to the territory. You must therefore ensure that you have a valid passport for the duration of your stay. Suppose you do not have a passport yet or are close to expiry. In that case, you should not waste time and go as quickly as possible to the police station or to another authorized public office in your place of residence to carry out the necessary procedures request it. The timing of issuing a biometric passport can vary from a few days to a few weeks depending on the time of year. It is therefore essential to request it well in advance.
Note that temporary passports are not accepted for entry into the United States.
Although a passport is an identity document required to travel to the US, it is still not sufficient to be authorized to enter US territory. In fact, depending on the expected length of stay in the United States and even in the case of simple transit, one must at least apply for the US esta visa online or, in some cases, a real visa.
Below are some of what Havasupai has to offer tourists:
- Camping in Havasupai finances a community of Native Americans who are trying to make a living through a nature-cantered form of tourism that possesses ecotourism prospects.
- The brilliant blue waterfalls are even cooler in person than in images.
- Even though the crowds might make some backpacker professionals feel disappointed, it is a perfect place for tourists to begin backpacking because there are several people and few opportunities of getting lost.
- Hiking in the canyon is surprisingly glamorous, from the confluence to the trailhead.
Lodging Near Havasupai Falls
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn
- The Grand Cavern Canyons Inn
- Red Feather Lodge
- Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel
- The Hualapai Lodge
- Yavapai Lodge
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon
Havasupai Backpacking List
Touring Havasupai Falks need some camping and hiking gear. Below is a list of recommended food, clothing, and needed for your trip to Havasupai Falls.
- Food, Drinks, and Snacks: Electrolyte mix, dried fruits, granola, peanut butter, tortillas, energy bars, nuts, cream cheese, chips, tuna packets, chicken packets, trail mix, instant oatmeal, bread, fruit, spices, bagels, honey, dehydrated backpacking meals, and cheese.
- Water Treatment: chlorine, iodine, or water filter.
- Clothing: Multiple Synthetic or wool hiking socks, cotton t-shirts, rain jackets and pants, lightweight gloves, nylon shorts and pants, warm hat, swimming suit, long underwear, sandals, or water shoes, one or two wool layers or long-sleeved fleece, supportive hiking boots or shoes, and wide-brimmed sun hat.
- Camping Gear: Backpacking tent, lightweight sleeping pad, stuff sack for clothing, stove fuel, cooking pans and pots, water bottles, bug repellent and sunscreen, backpack, lighter or matches, trekking poles, extra batteries, and headlamp, backpacking stove, bowls, cups, plates, camping pillow, utensils, and mugs.
- Optional: Batteries and camera, Star chat, Hammock, Mosquito head net, and Hiking gaiters.
Main Havasupai Campground Rangers Office
The Main Havasupai Campground Rangers Office is located in Supai, Arizona, at the Havasupai Village Main Trail. Tour the Mooney Falls, pristine waters of Havasupai, and Havasu Falls, which are among the Grand Canyon in Northern Arizona. Ride a helicopter, hike, swim, or go horseback riding. You will like lodging or camping near World Class Waterfalls.