Fencing is not only installed for aesthetic purposes but also to protect the property, the residents, and the pets residing inside. That said, choosing the right fence from timberridgefencecompany.com for your residential property should be thorough and with careful consideration.
This blog will discuss different fencing options you can choose from. The types of fencing rockingham that will be discussed here are suitable for your residential property.
Types of Residential Fencing
There are various fencing materials and styles you can choose from; however, we will only discuss five common types of fencing to narrow down your choices.
When exploring various types of residential fencing, it’s essential to consider both functionality and aesthetics. Different fencing types offer various benefits, whether it be privacy, security, or enhancing the curb appeal of your property. One reliable option is a wood fence, which provides a natural and timeless look, coupled with durability. If you’re leaning towards this type of fencing, consider exploring the quality services and materials offered by F&W Fence Co. Inc. logo, ensuring that you receive a perfect blend of style and steadfastness for your residential fencing needs.
1. Chain Link Fence
The chain-link fence is among the most prominent and widely used metal fences out of all of them. A fence with a loop of wires is known as a chain-link fence. It is made of steel or galvanized wire.
It is made up of posts, rails, fittings, and other hardware to form a structure that supports a stretched-out and connected chain-link mesh.
- Cost-effective and cheaper than other options
- Requires little upkeep
- Straightforward installation process
- Easy to repair
- It is durable
- Allows for air to pass through
- Does not necessarily provide privacy
- Not as aesthetically pleasing as other options
- Provides only minimal security
2. Aluminum Fence
It is self-explanatory what an aluminum fence is. A fence made primarily of aluminum is known as an aluminum fence.
- Versatile and provides an eye-pleasing facade
- Inexpensive as compared to other options
- Requires little maintenance
- It is an eco-friendly option
- Installation is not complicated
- Offers less privacy
- Delivers less security
- It is less durable because it is lightweight
3. Brick Fence
A brick fence is an exterior structure built from cement, stone, blocks, or bricks. Masonry fences may have a sizable, double metal fence to allow access for vehicles to a property.
Masonry fences are frequently used as residential fences. Masonry fences frequently use cement or concrete blocks with a rough texture.
- Provides enough security
- Offers more privacy than other options
- Durability and longevity are promising
- Gives off a rustic facade
- Increases the property’s value
- Bricks are recyclable
- Molds can thrive on brick fences
- Installation takes quite some time.
- It can be expensive
- Requires regular upkeep
4. Precast Concrete Fence
Precast concrete fences are used in residential and commercial building projects.
These concrete elements are poured into a reusable mold or shape and allowed to cure in a special precast plant under the supervision of skilled casters.
The slabs are then brought to the construction site and lifted into position after they have been set.
- Extremely durable
- Can withstand inclement weather, storms, hurricanes
- Offers high security
- Privacy can be achieved
- Longevity is advantageous
- Requires heavy machinery when transported
- Permanently installed
- Requires regular maintenance
5. Vinyl Fence
Chlorine and ethylene, both of which are natural substances, are combined to create vinyl, a synthetic material. These substances combine to create Polyvinyl Chloride, or PVC, also known as vinyl or polyvinyl chloride. If you’re planning to have vinyl fences installed or other fence materials, you can reach out to Cedar Mountain Fence in Oak Fence.
The vinyl is then used in fences.
- It is moisture-resistant
- Cheaper than wood but can resemble wood
- Vinyl does not rot over time
- Vinyl is pest-resistant
- It can be cleaned easily
- A variety of colors is available to match your property
- It is durable
- It cannot withstand strong winds
- It is not a natural material
- Algaes and molds can thrive, leaving stains on your fence
All in all, whatever fencing material you choose, there will be benefits and drawbacks. As a homeowner, your task is to weigh the choices by considering the purpose you want the fence to serve (security, privacy, or both), location, and budget.
After deciding, the fence company Summerville, SC citizens trust is always available for you. You can call them and leave the job to them. Doing so can guarantee quality fences at a fair price.