Contemporary style is a fantastic choice for remodeling your house. This design approach emphasizes clean lines, minimalism, and neutral colors, incorporating elements of modernism, minimalism, and industrial design. Moreover, if you plan to remodel your house in a contemporary style in Miami, you are about to win a deal in long run. The reason is, the style is not only for its sleek and modern look but also for its potential to increase property value. This style often features high-quality materials and finishes such as hardwood floors, quartz countertops, and stainless-steel appliances, which can increase the perceived value of the home and help you with that you can always hire a Miami remodeling contractor.
But for now, its time to explore some creative remodeling ideas in a contemporary style.
5 Contemporary Remodeling Ideas
- Update the Kitchen: The kitchen is often the heart of the home, and updating it in a contemporary style can create a stylish and functional space for cooking and entertaining. Consider incorporating high-quality materials and finishes such as quartz countertops, sleek cabinets with minimalist hardware, and stainless steel appliances. A popular trend in contemporary kitchen design is the use of a waterfall countertop, where the material continues down the side of the island or peninsula. Furthermore, here are some quicks tips to consider to make highlight the contemporary style:
- Use Monochromatic Colors like shades of gray or white for the cabinets and walls, and add pops of color with accessories or a bold backsplash.
- Incorporate Geometric Shapes like hexagonal tile for the backsplash, or add pendant lights with a geometric design.
- Add Texture by using materials such as concrete or textured wood for the flooring or countertops. You can hire kitchen remodelers in Cedar Park to help you choose the right materials for your new kitchen.
- Use Contrasting Materials to create a unique and dynamic look. Consider using a combination of matte and glossy finishes for the cabinets or countertops. You could also mix materials such as wood and metal for the cabinets or incorporate a natural stone countertop with a sleek, modern backsplash.
- Consider Open Shelving to create a more open and airier feel in the room. This can also be an opportunity to incorporate decorative accessories or plants to add a personal touch to the space.
- Create an Open Floor Plan: An open floor plan is a hallmark of contemporary design, creating a spacious and airy feel. Consider knocking down walls to create an open-concept living area, combining the kitchen, dining, and living spaces. This can be achieved with the use of functional furniture, such as a sectional sofa, that can define each area without dividing the space. Furthermore, here are some quick tips to do the same:
- Remove non-structural walls to create an open space.
- Use furniture to define different areas, such as a rug or sectional sofa.
- Consider using built-in storage to maximize space.
- Use consistent flooring throughout the space to create flow.
- Add architectural elements such as beams or columns to visually separate the space.
- Update the Lighting: Lighting is a crucial element of contemporary design, and updating your fixtures can give your home an instant modern update. Consider installing recessed lighting or track lighting to create a sleek and minimalistic look. Pendant lights with a bold design can also add a stylish touch to your home.
- Incorporate Natural Materials: Natural materials such as wood and stone can add warmth and texture to a contemporary space. Consider incorporating these materials in your flooring, accent walls, or decor. For example, a wood accent wall in a living room can add a warm and welcoming touch to a modern space.
- Update the Bathroom: Updating your bathroom in a contemporary style can create a luxurious and spa-like atmosphere. Here are some quick tips for the same:
- Consider using large format tiles in neutral colors, such as grey or white, and incorporating a minimalist vanity with sleek hardware.
- Frameless glass shower doors can also add a modern touch to the space.
- Add Natural Elements: Natural elements such as wood or stone can add warmth and texture to a contemporary bathroom.
Updating your home in a contemporary style can create a sleek and modern look that is both stylish and functional. Ideas shared above can give your home a fresh and exciting look. And, with a little creativity, you can transform your home into a contemporary oasis that is perfect for modern living.