Tarpaulins are usually made of strong, waterproof material, which is widely used to cover things or as protection against harmful weather conditions. These are used in various settings ranging from construction to mining, camping, transportation, and so on. With multiple uses, 12 x 12 tarps can be kept handy for a variety of projects you may accomplish in the future.
Choosing the right tarp material
While buying 12 x 12 tarps, there are many types of material available out there. The five most common types of materials used for tarp manufacturing are:
- Polymer or polyethylene
Polyethylene is not really a fabric, but it is a woman laminated sheet material. This material consists of strips of plastic, which is bonded to the surface of polythene sheets. These tarps are fully waterproof and UV-treated, making them highly durable and resistant to water, heat, moisture, dust, other tough weather conditions, etc.
Polyester reinforced PVC tarps in the 12×12 tarp category are made of woven polyester fabric, which is very strong and immersed and reinforced with PVC. It is fully waterproof, very strong, resistant to tearing, etc., when compared to the light-duty poly tarps. These are also very supple and can really last good for many years.
May good tarp variants in the 12 x 12 tarp category are manufactured using nylon threading, which will allow free airflow inside the tarp. Mesh-type tarps are the ideal choice to make if you want to reduce the wind flow resistance.
Different configurations of 12 x 12 tarps
- Fence tarpaulins are ideally used in construction sites.
- Flame-retardant tarpaulins are the right choice to make in applications needing fire and flame resistance.
- There are insulated tarpaulins that are manufactured to be used as insulation against extreme temperature conditions like intensive heat or extreme cold applications.
- Pool tarpaulins can be used as pool covers, which will allow waterproof protection against the tree leaves and bird poop etc.
- Sports tarpaulins are extra-large tarps, which can be used to cover the playgrounds and protect against any harsh environmental elements.
- UV-protected tarps are treated to offer extreme protection against the harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun.
Once you find the right material and features of your apt tarpaulin of choice, you may consider the color, configuration, and add-on features to identify the best option for you. Even though most of the tarps come in sea blue color, you can easily find various other color choices if you explore the 12 x 12 tarp collections online or offline.
Usually, 12 x 12 feet tarps are used for covering woodpiles, vehicles, furniture, grills, and other things kept outdoors. A basic canvas tarp will suffice the need for temporary coverage, whereas you may consider other heavy-duty and endurable materials if your need is for high-grade applications of the tarp. In any case, you will be able to find a good-quality functional tarp to suffice all types of project needs.