A few things in life compare to the harrowing experience of a car accident. If you were injured in such an accident in Tucson, seeking legal representation from Karnas Law Firm should be your top priority. Before anything else, call 911 to get medical assistance for the injured and inform the local law enforcement. If the accident resulted in death, injury, or significant property damage, you should wait for the police to arrive at the scene. In this post, we are sharing the four signs that you need to hire a Tucson auto accident attorney.
- You have sustained catastrophic injuries. Car accidents often have devastating consequences. If you are likely to end up with permanent consequences and disabilities, you must talk to a lawyer. In such circumstances, you will be entitled to get compensated for your future damages, and an attorney can help in evaluating the true worth of your claim.
- You are at fault. Arizona is a fault state, and it follows the pure comparative fault rule. Even when you are more at fault than the other party, you may have the scope to recover compensation for your losses and damages. You need a lawyer so that the other party’s insurance company doesn’t downplay your losses or denies your claim because of your fault. Insurance companies are here for profit, and they often try ways to minimize what they pay in settlement.
- There was a government entity involved. The rules and deadlines for taking lawsuits against government entities after an accident are different in many states. There is also a cap to what you can recover. For example, if you were hit by a government-owned vehicle on duty, you may have to file a claim against a particular entity. Call a lawyer to know your options.
- When there was a commercial truck involved. There is no denying that commercial truck accidents are often very complicated. It is not always easy simple to blame the driver. From the vehicle manufacturer to the trucking company or even the loading service could be at fault. A car accident lawyer can help in investigating the case.
- Because you don’t have a lot of time. The statute of limitations in Arizona allows two years to file injury lawsuits after an accident. You need a lawyer because if you don’t take action in time, you may lose your right to get a settlement.
Check online for top personal injury law firms in Tucson now!